Bake your own little treats for your colored mouse gang! The following recipe for millet pastries can serve as an incentive:
- 5 tablespoons parakeet food
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, mix in the parakeet food until well combined, then add a little flour until the dough is reasonably sticky.
- Wet your hands with cold water and form pastries from the dough. These can be balls, small mounds or nibbling sticks. But you can also use baking tins. (Round or oval shapes work best)
- Depending on the size/thickness of the pastries, bake for 40 – 90 minutes at 100 – 150 °C (convection oven).
Stored in a biscuit tin, the millet biscuits will keep for about 6 months.
Many thanks to Anna Jekamczyk for this sweet recipe!