Do you know if you do the correct elbow push-ups or lizards? An expert trainer explains it to you, here…
If what you are looking for are exercises to do at home, the push upalso known as push-ups, are for you, as it is one of the best known and most practiced exercises around the world.
This is how elbow push-ups are done
When performing this exercise, it is important that you take into account not only the initial and final position of your limbs, but also that of the trunk and legs.
On the other hand, you should keep in mind that all the weight is lifted with the arms, even though you must keep your abdominal muscles tight to maintain a correct posture. Follow these steps:
- Lie face down with four supports; if you are a beginner, you can support yourself on your knees.
- Check that each hand is aligned with the corresponding shoulder.
- Your back should be straight, not concave or convex.
- Bend your elbows and go down as far as you can without your trunk touching the floor.
- Go up stretching your arms without losing the starting position.
How to do push-ups for beginners?
Although many people get confused and say push-ups to refer to this exercise, this name is not correct. Coach José Forero explains it to us below and gives us tips for beginners.
What muscles work?
Mainly the pectoral muscles (chest) and the triceps (the back of the arm), so it is an excellent exercise to avoid and combat the hated arm of aunt or bat.
share this note in your social networks, your friends and friends will thank you!